As you know that food remains, dirt and hair can cause your sink’s blockage.
When you notice your RV sink gets clogged you need to clean it by following some methods.
This article will disclose how to unclog an RV sink so that you can easily remove the clog of your sink.
if one method does not work, you can apply more than one.
- The 6 Best Drop In Kitchen Sink Reviews
- The 10 Best Laundry Sink For 2021 (Top Picks)
- The 8 Best Pedestal Sink For Small Bathrooms For 2021
- The 12 Best Kitchen Faucets Review (Updated List) 2021
- How To Clean Black Sludge In Sink Drain (3 Methods)
- How To Clean Stainless Steel Sink | 7 Simple Steps
5 Effective Methods Of How To Unclog An Rv Sink With Ingredients
Clogs make a serious problem in an RV sink during your travel as it creates a bad smell. You need to stop the bad smell and to stop it you have to unclog your RV sink.
Use the following steps to ensure your recreational vehicle has a good ambiance by unblocking your sink. you might need to apply more than one method to unclog your RV sink.
Various instruments you need when you start the job. To clean the sink, you need to keep the collection of the essential elements so that you can use them during unclogging.
To clear the sink you may need to use different methods.
- Baking soda and vinegar
- Baking soda and salt
- Hot Water
- Sink plungers
- Drain snakes
Method 1: Using Baking Soda And Vinegar
The mixture of baking soda and vinegar has been very useful in unblocking RV sink and other sink types. It is one of the most effective methods to remove the clog. All you require is one-third cup of baking soda and vinegar. The way you will apply the mixture of baking soda and vinegar is given below:
- Mix the right amount of baking soda and vinegar
- When the mixture begins to fizz
- Pour the mixture into the sink’s drain
- Wait for an hour
- Pour the hot water to clean the sink
- Pour cold water on your sink and see if the drain is clear
The fizzing mixture of vinegar and baking soda help to get rid of dirt, food particles, and hair on your recreational sink vehicle. If this method does not work, then you have to go for the next method.
Method 2: Applying Hot Water
The use of hot water is another effective method to remove sink clog. Hot water makes grime and other factors leading to blockage shrinking and getting out of the drain. You only can perform this process when you are sure that you are not going to use the sink soon. Usually, at night we do not use our sink so you can perform the task at night.
- Boil two or three pots of water
- Boil them accordingly
- Go to your sink and detach the drain grates, caps, or strainers
- Pour the hot water
Method 3: Using A Sink Plunger
Many people use this method to unblock sink clogs. It is the most common and effective method. You need a sink plunger to perform the job.
The most important thing you need to keep in mind that while buying a sink plunger is you are buying a sink plunger, not a toilet plunger. Because there is a difference between a sink and a toilet plunger. After purchasing the plunger, use it to perform the task and it is very easy and simple to apply this method.
- Place the sink plunger on the sink’s drain
- Push it down
- It helps to remove air from its cup and generate suction
- Wait for 30-45 seconds before removing the plunger
- Pour water on your sink
- Check if it is draining the water, as it should
Method 4: Applying Baking Soda, Salt, And Hot Water
You do not need to worry if the above method did not work. Another effective method is the mixture of baking soda and salt before flushing it with hot water.
- Take a bowl and mix a half cup of baking soda and salt in the bowl
- Pour the mixture into your sink’s drain
- Wait for 15-20 minutes for the mixture to make the clogging materials smooth
- Pour a pot of hot water into the drain
Method 5: Drain Snakes
Using a drain snake, you can also unclog your RV sink. The drain snake is also known as a drain auger. The drain snake is spiral and 0.25 inches thick. Without any challenges, this fits in the drain.
- Shove the snake in the drain
- Shove it until you notice a high chunk of blockage
- Push the obstruction out of the draining pipe
- When you see there is no clog, remove the auger
- Pour water on the sink at high pressure for about five minutes
Unclogging your RV sink is not that difficult if you know the proper ways of how to unclog an RV sink. All you require are the necessary instruments. However, you should avoid using harsh chemicals on your drainage system frequently as it may damage the drain and need you to replace it.